[PD] [PD-announce] getpatchname

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 14 20:08:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 06:56:00PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> I don't recall why Jamie wants to have a [getpatchname], but there are
>> possible uses of [getpatchname] which aren't doable by [namecanvas], and
>> vice-versa.
> Also, I heard something once about [namecanvas] being deprecated. ;)

And your point is?

If I want to do real work with canvases, I don't care what Miller's
delusions are, I just use freaking deprecated [namecanvas], and if Miller
ever removes freaking deprecated [namecanvas] from Pd, I have several
ways out, like using the [bindpatcher] extern which does exactly the
same, or hack [namecanvas] back into the pd source, or turn
[namecanvas] into an extern, or just not upgrade Pd.