[PD] fun with nqpoly4

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 14 20:36:56 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, james tittle wrote:
>>> ...i like that, or [instancer]?
>>
>> [instantiator] is more like a word, i mean at least outside of Kentucky,
>> though it's not in /usr/share/dict/* here...
>
> ...um, "more like a word"?  I think they're both equivalently made-up:  If I
> wanted help move-ing, I would call a "mover", not a "move-inator"...

But what do you want help for in this case? instancing or instanciating?

"verbing weirds language" -- Calvin

>> Else, [attack_of_the_clones] would be a much american name, and one could
>> imagine three sequels appropriately named:
> ...why would it be more american?  Did we invent cloning?  I thought dolly
> was scottish...?

I'm sorry for the George Lucas reference. I didn't actually see the movie
of that name. Worse, I assume that everyone else has at least heard the
name of the movie. BTW, it's an american movie.