[PD] pd DJ

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jul 15 16:42:47 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, padawan12 wrote:

> I built a little "turntable emulator" once that allows you to speed up,
> kill power, do back spins and scratches, switch between 78, 45, 33 and
> 16 (I'm showing my age I know :).

Can you get it to emulate various ways in which records are bent?

E.g. In 2002, I bought a Nat King Cole for 1 CAD (0.45 £; 0.70 ¤) in a
garage sale in Îles-de-la-Madeleine (easternmost Canada) across the street
from my grandparents' house, but it got stored in the car for several days
midsummer while we were travelling back. Part of the disc acts as a ramp
that makes the needle perform a glorious jump into the air and then slam
back into the groove. The duration of the tracks on this records thus
depend heavily on whether it's played with a radial arm vs a linear arm.