[PD] ERRORS IN Pd-0.39.2-extended-test4

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Jul 17 01:10:12 CEST 2006

ok,

...see if ya notice a pattern here:

On Jul 16, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> 1)  iemmatrix library does not load
>
> e.g. when trying the cylinderExample.pd file for the shapeSynth
> abstraction:
>
> load_object: Symbol "mtx_-_setup" not found
> load_object: Symbol "setup_mtx_0x2d" not found
> mtx_-
> ... couldn't create

[iemmatrix/mtx_add], [iemmatrix/mtx_sub], etc..

> 2)  when trying the formantdynwav.pd from creb examples:
> onecomp~
> ... couldn't create

...not all of the creb externals are included atm...

> 3)  when trying to use the tbEnvify~-help.pd patch in abstractions/tb
> I could not load the assert abstraction, nor the !- abstraction.

...hmm, dunno about this...

> 4)  when trying the examples/hid/mouse-tracker.pd I get this message
> in the terminal:
> mouse
> ... couldn't create

[hid/mouse]

> 5)  when trying the examples/hid/polar_joystick.pd I get this message
> in the terminal:
> joystick 3
> ... couldn't create

[hid/joystick]

> 6)  when trying the examples/hid/spiral_joystick.pd I get this message
> in the terminal:
> hid_invert
> ... couldn't create

[hid/spiral_joystick]

> 7)  trying examples/gyre/gyre.pd yields:
> gyre.stereoloop~ loop1
> ... couldn't create

[gyre/gyre.stereoloop~]

> 8)  trying examples/ix/nob-demo yields:
> beware! this is widget 0.1, 19th alpha build...
> warning (Widget): no file 'setup.wid'... using built-in defaults
> beware! this is tot 0.1, 19th alpha build...
> error: makefilename: no method for 'bg'
> widget's error: creation failure
>                see standard error for details
>
> In fact, all of the ix library does not work.  There are probably
> more, but I have limited internet access right now, so these are all
> I've recorded for the moment during my useage.

8)  hmm...ix's stuff often requires either tcl/tk 8.5 or extra
tcllibs, which aren't (yet) distributed in pd_extended...

james