[PD] track position with background substration

yukio yukio_mishima at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 17 13:30:03 CEST 2006

 hi, is it possible to track the possition of elements using  background
 substration in gem?

i made i project using pix_movement in conjuntion with pix_multiblob,
and worked fine , but it seems pix_multiblob is just able to do the
detecting throuht brightness thresholding.
my question is about doing the same but withouht brithghtness
thresholding.

in other systems like eyeweb  i can compare each frame of the video with
a stored image of the scene background.the system can detect and give me
the coordinates of the new objects or people in my scene. This is called
background substration . so my question is :
is there any way to have a multiblob tracker but that works with
background substration instead of brightness thresholding?

many thanx

yuki
--
  yukio