[PD] Key-repeat makes keyboard-pianokeys impossible?

matthew jones mj at isvr.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 18:34:46 CEST 2006

Wouldn't it be straightforward to route all the expected ascii numbers to
seperate [change] objects?  The change can be used to prevent repeated
numbers going through, so if you clear it with the keyup you can prevent the
key repeats.  I attached a tiny patch to show this, where the keydown code
is packed with a nonzero number, and the keyup is packed with zero, so that
after the route the change object sees only a 1 or 0.
I'm sure somebody can come up with a nicer way to do this (with an
abstraction or something)because this way requires you to manually make a
[change] object for each ascii code required, plus the route needs to be
edited each time a new key is required....
good luck,

Matt

http://www.loopit.org