[PD] Re: [PD-ot] OSC zeroconf/bonjour

Rob King wombot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 18:39:35 CEST 2006

Hi there,

A friend of mine on this list pointed me towards this thread because I have
been doing a bit of work similar to this.

A few months back I made a little python script that worked as a
OSC-Zeroconf server/client.  Basically you can set up your patches to send
OSC to localhost:10101 and recieve on port 10102 and the script will
discover anyone else running the script on the same network and re-send
whatever OSC you send to localhost to them. Oh, and it does MIDI too..

You can find out a bit more about it and download it here:
http://e-mu.org/?p=6

I haven't looked too far into using pyext to embed it in PD, but it might be
an interesting direction to look into.

Cheers,
Rob