patch parameterisation: was [PD] abstractions which have their own memory

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 18 15:09:12 CEST 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Thomas Grill wrote:

>> As soon as I've decided on the final interface of the ODE-Pd-object I
>> guess I will try, if moving from Python to C++ will give a substantial
>> performance boost. Though I doubt it will.
> I doubt too. Most of the time in PyODE is spent in collision detection inside
> the ODE library, very little in the Python interface.

Maybe it's a good idea to check whether collision detection can be turned
off for situations that don't need it.

Also, make sure its collision detection algorithms are O(n log n). I can't
imagine them being O(n*n), but you never know: if the lib is really new
and/or always used with low object counts, it's possible that they didn't
bother with O(n log n). (I didn't look at their code.)