[PD] comport in Win XP "Write error, maybe TX-OVERRUNS on serial line"

Jaime Villarreal jesusjaime at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:55:00 CEST 2006

Hi, I'm new to pd and would like to comunicate via the comport.
I have a very simple patch which tries to send the number 1 to the comport
object.
The comport is configured as follows.
     comport $1 9600
Pd reports:
     Opened serial line device  COM1
Ok. That's Good. But when I try to send anything I get,
     Write error, maybe TX-OVERRUNS on serial line

My serial port, COM1, is the FTDI USB serial converter included on the
arduino microcontroller board. I have been able to comunicate successfully
through the USB converter with other software so I am sure it is not a
problem with my converter.

I have taken screenshots of everything that I thought might be related and
published them here.
     http://www.intra.org.mx/pd/

If anyone can offer me any advice I'd be very grateful.