[PD] Key-repeat makes keyboard-pianokeys impossible?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 18 21:31:36 CEST 2006

hi frank

sorry to bother you again with this, but now i am getting very curious
why the quantisation of x-events (from mouse or keyboard) is so big in
my pd on my system and yours is so ok.

again, my 'xset q':
auto repeat delay:  500    repeat rate:  30

and pd measures:

print: 512
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 85.3333
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 85.3333
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 85.3333
print: 0
print: 0
print: 0
print: 85.3333

these values are NOT ok, are they? (512 = 6 * 85.3333)

i am the only one with this problem?

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 17:02 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > does anybody else measure a different value on his system and knows how
> > to change it?
> >
> > "measurement"-patch:
> >
> > [bng]
> > |
> > [t b b]
> > |    |
> > [timer]
> > |
> > [print]
>
> Maybe you cannot click fast enough with the mouse?
>
> Learn how to do it from watching the legendary Takahashi Meijin:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6MoEj_Hs7Y

:-)
yeah, i try to get this precision in pd (i don't intent to divide my
mouse into two parts though)

> Anyway mouse clicks don't autorepeat generally, most keyboard keys do.

yeah, man... of course!!! i have this quantization of 85.333ms, when i
hit a [bng] randomly with the mouse. the smallest time i get is also
85.333ms.

cheers
roman