[PD] pd if-then-else

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 00:58:47 CEST 2006

There are several ways to do it, and it will be a little different
than the programming you might be used to.

First you can use the [select] object as a conditional - check the
help file that comes with pd on that.

Another more complicated way is to use [expr] and its related objects,
which I believe comes standard with Pd?  I may be wrong on that
because I have it pre-bundled.  Anyway, probably better to use
[select] first.

The control examples, if you go through them and work with each, will
help you understand how to do that and a lot more - they helped me a
lot (I just started Pd a couple months ago).

Kevin

On 7/18/06, Tas Pas <tprotopgr at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first question to the list.
> How can I make the pd equivallent to the "if-then-else" structure in pd?
>
> Regards,
>
> Terumi

"[D]aily life [is] a theatrical landscape in which 'everyone has their
price,' God (via televangelism) and happiness (smile buttons) become
commodities, radio stations say they love you, and detergents have
compassion for your hands.