[PD] selecting device on startup

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:24:39 CEST 2006

Command line flags should override the saved flags, so maybe you could
type "pd -r44100" in a command prompt and see if it starts.
I've read that flags from that dialog are stored in a file called
".pdrc" but changing that didn't work for me, I had to open up regedit
in Windows and edit the registry.  Which was easy to do once I located
the Pd section.
I can't help you with the actual flags.  I've always used numbers to
select input/output, experimenting until I found which one was ASIO.

My 'startup' and 'path' dialogs disappeared completely long ago, and
no one was able to say why.  I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 different
versions of Pd, too, and not once have those boxes shown up since they
first disappeared.

-Chuckk

On 7/19/06, Peter Worth <peterworth2 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i don't want to have to go to the ASIO settings dialog a choose the
> devices i want every time i run pd, so i've tried putting
>
> -asio -audioindev 4 -audiooutdev 6
>
> in the startup dialog "flags" text box, and now when i try to start pd
> i get an error, so i cant get back to the startup dialog to change it.
>
> did i put the command line arguments in the wrong place? how should i
> change it and how can i change it now that it wont run?...
>
> thanks for any help.
>
> pete.

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt