[PD] PD Convention 2007!

beau c cypod25 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 21:14:48 CEST 2006

 Hi Darsha,
   I did not attend the first convention, but one of my patches was included
as an installation, and it featured on the convention DVD. Shortly after the
convention local San Francisco pd users (http://pure-data.tribe.net) had a
similar meeting that coincided with Mac world to get some of the out of town
people there too.
   My wish list for the second Convention would be:
1. Assistance in travel and lodging for the festival, this could be anything
from money, airline tickets, rides, food, passes to events, open submission
policy, or even some one's floor to sleep on when I got there.
2. Some club nights, to peform with night club style speaker and video
projection systems.
3. Concert Hall events for electro-acoustic works, and surround works.
4. Workshops for people to train pd-users, demonstrate techniques, and
externals.
5. Academic paper presentations, panel discussions, etc...
6. Webcams and chat rooms for those who can't physically be there, but want
to follow the proceedings.

The first Convention I am sure had some if not all of these features.
Obviously we'll have to work within our means, and I am vary excited at the
prospect of a second pd convention next year!

Possibly others would have more things to add.