[PD] Pd standalone instruments ... - pd distribution

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jul 22 11:38:12 CEST 2006

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> is it allowed that pd gets distributed freely? wasn't it part of the
> license that it should be distributed only by miller?

No, that's not true, everyone basically can do everything with Pd, as
long as the existing copyright text (pd/LICENSE.txt) is included.

> actually I don't  know about pd-ext, can it be also freely
> distributed?

Some parts of pd-extended are covered by different licenses. As
pd-extended also includes externals and stuff, that is licensed under
GPL, the whole package is distributed according to the GPL. This
still allows you to distribute pd-extended, and you are encouraged to
do so, however the terms are slightly different from distributing Pd
core only because of the GPL.

Ciao