[PD] Atom's default value.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 23 13:05:39 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tas Pas hat gesagt: // Tas Pas wrote:

> How can a atom take a default value?
> When I'm loading a instrument, I have to switch an atom's value to a non 0 value which is the default. Can this be done automaticaly?

I gues with atom you mean the number box (Ctrl-1) object, right? You
could use a message with the default value connected to a [loadbang]
object to initialize the number box. There also is an alternative
numberbox [nbx] where you can set a default value through the
Properties dialog. More advanced state saving and loading systems that
deal with things besides number boxes have discussed here in the past.
One that is easy to use IMO is [sssad], an abstraction I wrote. A
similar system with more features is the RRADical collection ob
paches.

Ciao