[PD] GEM OSX video codec ?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Jul 24 23:06:14 CEST 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 12:53 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 7/24/06, tim <info at timvets.net> wrote:
>> error:
>> "couldn't open the movie file: 1_lkj.mov (-2020)
>> GEM: pix_film: Loaded file .... with 0 frames (0x0)"
>
> Error -2020 means the Movie Toolbox isn't initialized, which is not
> true at all.  Quicktime is initialized long before loading a movie in
> GEM.
>
>> The platform is OSX (version 10.4.7) on a macbook pro (intel core
>> duo) ,
>> pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC8.
>
> The Intel mac running a PowerPC version of GEM is most likely the
> problem.  You can get an Intel native version at tigital.com

...yeh, I'd just like to add that you should also be using an intel-
native version of pd, the only one of which I know is available from
miller's site...I'm actually surprised to hear that ppc-compiled pd/
gem works at all on macintel...

...also, it might be helpful to know what quicktime version you're
using?

james