[PD] patch size

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 25 21:12:03 CEST 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> Yes, this is one of the biggest annoying things about OS X.  The
> window resizing is limited to the bottom right corner of the window,
> so if the patch is tall enough to have the bottom off screen, you're
> screwed without editing the file in a text editor.
> AAAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!

No. Maximize the patch using the green button. This normally brings the
bottom-right corner into the screen.

You're screwed if the window position makes the title bar offscreen, and
then you have to edit the .pd file, or edit pd.tk so that it never sets
window positions (just delete the line that says "wm geometry").

On Linux you normally have some better shortcuts, but this only works if
*some* part of the window is on-screen. Else you may be able to
right-click on the dock entry (at least KDE does it; I don't have GNOME at
hand so I can't try)

Pd could be fixed in order to prevent offscreen windows. This can be done
by replacing the aforementioned "wm geometry" line by something else which
I'll leave as an exercise to the reader...:)