[PD] GEM: Get the gem window in foreground

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Wed Jul 26 19:55:16 CEST 2006

>> The GEM window remains behind all other pd windows after [create( and
>> starting the rendering. Can I get the GEM window in the foreground
>> using a command to [gemwin]?
>

> if you are on windows (i guess you are), you can use the [topmost 1(
> message to [gemwin] (probably _before_ actually creating the window)

Thanks for the fast response. It works even during the rendering.

Just for the documentation:

[topmost 1( switches the GEM window to be always on the top
[topmost 0( allows another windows to be on the top (default)

It's a good idea to put [topmost 0( on a shortcut, otherwise you won't get back
another pd windows :-).

Works on Windows (at least...)

br, Piotr

--