[PD] patch size

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 23:34:02 CEST 2006

On 7/26/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>
> > Wow, I just thought of something- shouldn't all PD patchers have one of
> > these?
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290011790850
>
> Why? Does it solve a problem? How many does it add?

Do you recall the threads about possible shortcuts for making
connections?  I've never used a touch screen, but it can't be harder
than a mouse for connecting inlets and outlets.  Resolution might be a
problem, but I think humans are pretty good at adjusting their touch
for such things, and I already hit the wrong inlets/outlets all the
time with my mouse.  If you tap the wrong outlet, just let go and tap
the right one.
Also, think of the possibilities using data structures to control
sound, using one's fingers.  People are already doing this.