[PD] no sound with PDa on a iPAQ H3835 and GPE

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jul 28 10:19:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> /dev/dsp (writeonly): Device or resource busy

Hi Hans,

It seems that some other program is still using the soundcard.
I don't know how to disable the gpe-soundserver on familiar.
The iPaq that I have is very old and familiar does not fit, so
I have a costum distribution (without gpe-soundserver) installed.

The other one is a Zaurus with pdaXrom (no gpe-soundserver either).

Maybe someone running a similar system has a clue ? I think that
this should be settable somewhere with the configuration program
of gpe. If you figure it out, let me know, so I can add it to the FAQ.

Günter