[PD] multiple qlist/z~/limiter~ problem

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Fri Jul 28 16:41:33 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a problem with two instances of qlist, z~ or limiter~ from the
zexy externals running on Debian Gnu/Linux etch, pd version 0.39.2, zexy
version 2.1:

I have two abstractions in that patch, a square synth and a sawtooth
synth, both with a z~ and limiter~ as limiter in chain each. Both synths
are sequenced with a qlist each.

When I run both qlists, everything is fine, but once I stopn one of
those, the sound from the other synth chain is stopped as well, but when
I restart the qlist, the other synth chain produces sound again. When I
use a snapshot~ object on the chain, the volume is in the order of
10^+5, so it appears to be a problem of the limiter~.

If I stop the other qlist, while running the one, that causes the
problem, no problems occur. But there is no way to determine the
troublesome chain.

The patches and abstractions are here:
http://thomas.dergrossebruder.org/misc/babbage.pd
http://thomas.dergrossebruder.org/misc/303_saw_no_limiter.pd
http://thomas.dergrossebruder.org/misc/squarewave.pd

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie,
Thomas aka Residuum
--
Copies in your brain are - not yet - regulated by copyright laws.
(Lawrence Lessig - Free Culture)