[PD] PD Convention 2007!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jul 29 05:38:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> == "off" presentations ==
>
> There is something I really liked in a convetion about cooperative web
> usages I attending this summer in Brest. It was "off" presentations.
> You could choose a period in between the other presentations and write
> down the location and topic of your "off" presentation. The periods
> were something like breakfast, lunch and just before the dinner.

A concept much similar to this, is called the Lightning Talks. In this
case, some extended timespan (two hours straight) is reserved for
presentations of 5-10 minutes each. Submission rules are easier and
you can submit talks until either the schedule is full or the schedule
is printed. Well, I don't really know, but that's the impression that
I had. That concept has been part of the YAPC (Perl) conferences, so I
suppose that you may be able to find information about the concept
there.