[PD] how to set variable types

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sat Jul 29 14:01:17 CEST 2006

Works here. Try the attached patches. Save both somewhere and load
"main.pd". The [bang< message should output $1's value (i.e. "1").

If those don't work for you, you might have some trouble with your
number box. In that case, info on your OS, PD version and possibly also
your Tcl/Tk versions would be useful, as the problem would be somewhere
in there.

d.

AshK wrote:
> yes that's exactly what I mean and I have tried that already but the
> number box remains empty.
>
>> Georg Holzmann wrote:
>>> Hallo!

>>> I don't know if I understand you correct, but maybe you mean this:
>>>
>>> [bang(
>>> |
>>> [f $1]
>>> |
>>> [numberbox]
>>>
>>> LG
>>> Georg

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 103:
"Left channel, right channel, centre channel"