[PD] multiple qlist/z~/limiter~ problem

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Sat Jul 29 14:16:08 CEST 2006

hi thomas

i tested your patch using pd-0.39.2-extended-test4 on osx .

[print] the output of note_0, vel_0, note_1 and vel_1 looks fine.
when i run both and stop the other one continues. here it works in both
directions. it seems that there is no problem with qlist.
same on  your system?

after i connected the output of the chain of squarewave to [dac~ 1 2]
and set some values to the last two inlets of squarewave i managed
to hear squarewave too. (headphones and no midi device)
no problem with z~ and limiter~ here.

on osx pd-0.39.2-extended-test4 your patch works fine!

you could remove parts of your patch and test wether there's still
the problem or not, so you can locate the problem and send it again
to the pd-list.
i.e.
- use [mtof]->[phasor~] instead squarewave & 303_saw_no_limiter.pd
- remove z~ & limiter
- sequence it through numbers instead qlist.

some comments:

use always trigger if an outlet has multiple connections to other
objects.
(for example in 303_saw_no_limiter.pd after the [+ 50] object there are
3
connections)

[mtof]->[sig~]->[phasor~] is the same as [mtof]->[phasor~]

don't know if you need a sig~ for svf~ but if you want to interpolate
[$1 100(->[line~] instead sig~ is what you want.

both abstractions have arguments [squarewave 0 0 5 0 0] but
there are no $1, $2, $3, $4, $5 in squarewave.pd
so there values go nowhere.

that's all for now. good luck!

eni