[PD] how to set variable types

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 08:28:44 CEST 2006

Here's a way to do the same thing without any arguments for ctlin.
ctlbox.pd is the shell, ctlabst.pd is what is doing the work.  As far
as I can tell it does exactly what you were looking for.

If you are going to create a whole bunch of abstractions or objects
with different arguments, may I suggest you:
1. Put one abstraction/object down
2. Highlight it
3. Press Ctl-D to duplicate it as many times as you need
4. Move the clones wherever you need them to be able to see
5. Save and open the patch in a text editor and change the arguments
that way, where they are all listed one after another.  Less clicking
that way.

You should be able to see what I'm talking about if you don't know.
It's a good thing to understand if you want to be effective with Pd.
But I think the abstraction I attached does it too.

-Chuckk