[PD] PD and HID: Arduino

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Jul 31 00:32:04 CEST 2006

Greetings Hans!

I have learned from the net (and from Toby - Thanks Toby!) that you
know a great deal about Human Interface Devices and interfacing thoes
devices with software.

I am hoping to be able to interface basic electronics like pan-pots
and other vairable resistances with PD in a continuous way, and I have
learnt a little about Arduino and saw that you have written an
external for PD to inerface with this device.
I have a couple of questions I hope you don't mind me asking of you...

1) Does your external work in Linux, and if so does it work with the
serial or USB version of Arduino, or both serial and USB?

2) I saw a note in your patch in the Arduino site that the interface
can drain some CPU power: is Arduino the best interface for PD and
various sensors in your opinion?

Thanks for witing the external and doing all kinds of research! Viva
open-source!
-thewade