[PD] [flext] Inheriting access to variables declared once in a library

Christian Frisson theremin at free.fr
Mon Jul 31 01:50:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently using flext to develop a library of externals itself wrapping
another C++ library. On the latter library, some setup classes have to be
instanciated once only in a whole application. What's the way to benefit from
inheritance in order to:
- declare instances of those setup classes only in the base flext class of the
library in order to create each only once;
- share access with externals, being flext inherited classes of the base class?

As I'm a poor C++ coder, the only ugly way I've yet found to circumvent this is
declaring instances of those setup classes outside flext classes, statically.
But for sure those variable won't get deleted and Pd sends a "read memory"
error message when it's being closed...

Any idea?

Thanks,
Christian