[PD] feedback detection

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 16:23:07 CEST 2006

Feeback tends toward periodicity at 1/t for a delay of t
so you could do an autocorrelation (expensive - does Pd
have an object to help with that?) of te feedback signal
to look for it. Since you know the frequency in advance
a simple bp filter is more effective. Not sure what you mean by
"dominant" part. If gain is greater than unity then it will
eventually be, but if you think of a Karplus=Strong it is by
definition once the excitory signal has vanished. Am I understanding
your question(?) if I say the best way is to simply monitor the amplitude
, because if G>1 the amplitude will *always* keep growing.