[PD] [flext] Inheriting access to variables declared once in a library

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 1 11:30:38 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Christian Frisson hat gesagt: // Christian Frisson wrote:

> On the list of yet unhandled important issues:
> * the "m_signal" functions are not in sync with the frequency rate of the haptic
> device;

And you sure won't get them to sync (easily), as Pd's signal rates are
synched with the soundcard and not with the haptic device.

Did you consider to not write a signal external at all? Haptic rates
are generally much much lower than dsp signals.

So I don't think, a signal external is what you need here, a simple
message external would be much better. Flext makes it easier to have a
thread running that watches the haptic device for example.

Ciao