[PD] array copy speed test

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 12:13:13 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 11:28 +0200, geiger wrote:
> > Anyone feel like SIMDifiying [arraycopy] (hint hint ;).  I suppose
> > vasp is a SIMD version of [arraycopy].
>
> SIMD doesn't help in copying data. And in any case, introducing
> platform dependend code is only advisable in cases where it really
> matters.

are you sure about this? not having benchmarks on this, i'm pretty sure,
that moving 128 chunks of aligned memory is more efficient than moving 4
32 bit chunks of unaligned memory ...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Avoid the world, it's just a lot of dust and drag and means nothing in
the end.
  Jack Kerouac