[PD] PD markov object

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 1 14:26:02 CEST 2006

c.m.bryan wrote:
>> > I'm needing some compilation help with the markov object I found here:
>> >
>> > http://icem-www.folkwang-hochschule.de/~finnendahl/pd.html  (bottom
>> of the
>> > page)
>> >
>> > I'm using it on linux, but I can't get it to compile on win32.
>>
>> "Can't get it to compile" is not enough info to give us a chance to
>> help. Please tell us a bit more about your problem.
>

> Yes, my apologies.  I'm using cygwin.
>
> It seems that the makefile is tailored only to linux, and my goal is
> to compile a .dll for windows.  At first the compilation itself failed
> with lots of "undefined reference to ..." that quickly scrolled off
> the dos window (why can't they put a scrollbar on it?!).

you can pipe the output of your make command into a file, like
"make > make.log"

it would be interesting which undefined references you get.
most likely they refer to symbols defined by pd, which you can fix by
linking against pd.lib

and you will need to change your makefile to produce a .dll and not a
.pd_linux (but that is more or less cosmetic compared to your current
problems)

btw, in theory you can cross-compile objects on linux for windows via
mingw (there are debian packages), which might work (or not): iemmatrix
and zexy both have an option for this (look at their
README.txt/INSTALL.txt for further explanations); probably you could rip
their build-system to build the markov objects (iemmatrix's build-system
should be fairly general: your main task would be replacing "iemmatrix"
by a name of your choice)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes