[PD] Computer Music & Mathematics

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Aug 1 15:09:43 CEST 2006

Hey Pd-List,

Fist of all: Im sorry if this is too off-topic, i know it's on the edge.

I'm soon gonna write the final paper/thesis, before jumping to the
"master" studies of mathematics. I'm not too familiar with the all
educational systems in the english speaking world, but it's the part of my
studies, that, when finished, gives me what's equal to a master degree in
mathematics.

To the point: I'm hoping to find a topic that combines "computer music"
with mathematics, or maybe more correctly; a mathematical topic on a
fitting level, that has (some) relations to computer music (in a broad
sense).

I'm kind of blank and lack computer music knowledge, hence i ask you lot:
got any ideas?

Hope you can help. And thanks a grand.

Oh, my minor is philosophy if that matters.

Best, Steffen