[PD] PD markov object

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 1 16:26:04 CEST 2006

c.m.bryan wrote:
>> you can pipe the output of your make command into a file, like
>> "make > make.log"
>
> for some reason when the errors start, it just goes to the standard
> out instead of getting piped!  Weird.

That's because stdout and stderr are two different things, you need to
say something like
make 2> make.log
(I forget the exact syntax)
> I can see that "getbytes," "post," "outlet_float," and "outlet_bang"
> are all undefined references.  The last 2 are definitely defined by
> pd.
>
>> ... which you can fix by
>> linking against pd.lib
>
> I do not have this file, nor could I find anything about it.  What
> package is it a part of?

It's built when you compile pd. It comes with Miller's version.
> By the way, I'm working with pd-0.38-4-devel-2

pd-0.39-2 seems to be the current version.

> Thanks, I'll experiment with cross-compiling now, see if that works
> any better...

AFAIK you need to compile either with MINGW or MSVC for Windows. I tried
with cygwin but cygwin tries to make a unix version, which is not
compatible with the tcl/tk for Windows.

Martin