[PD] array copy speed test

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Aug 1 16:54:21 CEST 2006

hey tim,

On Aug 1, 2006, at 6:12 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> however, lately i've been implementing these algorithms with
> compile-time loop unrolling using c++ template metaprogramming
> techniques, which gives another performance boost of about 1.2 to 1.5,
> depending on the block size ...

...sounds good:  I've just been learning about templates and generic
programming in general...on my to-do list, I've long dreamed of
adding macstl (don't be fooled by the name, it supports altivec/sse/
sse2) support to pd and friends:  you might wanna take a look, it's
just some headers :-)

jamie

http://pixelglow.com/macstl/