[PD] a fast way for "table to message" (and a GEM based oscilloscope)

sokratesla ugurguney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:08:28 CEST 2006

# hi everybody!
# I started to toy with GEM and found it extremely useful and entertaining.
# I know, its a 3D utility, based on OpenGL, but I wanted to use its
graphical abilities for 2D animation (using [pix_set])
# I tried to make an oscilloscope, which, basically, is a texture mapped on
a rectangle. I'm preparing a table which includes the message to sent
pix_set, and this preparation must be executed 20 per second (for 20 fps)
# There is a [list-dump] abstraction in the list-abs library, which converts
the table to a message. But it runs too slow when the table length is
relatively high (for getting a 256x128 resolution for oscilloscope the table
must be 32768 numbers long and it takes 10 seconds or so, to finish that job
for a single frame, in 1.83 MHz CPU)
# I've attached a 256x8 resolutioned oscilloscope, it runs good. And I'm
asking for a fast way for dumping a table to a list.
# Creative days for everyone!
-ugur guney-