[PD] Self sizing GOP sequencer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Aug 1 21:27:29 CEST 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 6:04 AM, Chris McCormick wrote:

>> On Jul 29, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:
>>> http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-varseq.pd
>>> http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-varseq-
>>> help.pd
>
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 03:52:36PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> wrote:
>>
>> Wow, that is really nice.  I'd love to see your collection in a
>> library included in Pd-extended.
>
> Hey HC,
>
> That would be really neat. I'm not trying to retain backwards
> compatability between CVS checkins at the moment so it's quite
> unstable,
> but feel free to pull the whole lot from:
>
> http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/s-abstractions.tar.gz?view=tar
>
> Or should I check them into the SF CVS periodically?

If you want to maintain your code in a separate CVS, then you should
periodically check in releases to the SourceForge CVS.  You could
also maintain your code in the pure-data CVS if you wanted to.

> The goal with these is to make a set of abstractions that allow the
> user to have an easy to use environment for creating music with Pd;
> something like Reaktor under Windows, but with all the to-the-metal
> power of Pd that those programs lack. Also, not to have to install
> lots
> of wacky externals to get started using Pd, so the abstractions use
> only
> internals, except the GFX ones which use Gem and zexy. It's a long way
> from completion as tutorials etc. need to be written, but in the
> meantime the abstractions are for the most part quite useable so feel
> free to include them.

Sounds very good.  Part of the point of Pd-extended is to make it
easy to use libraries of objects like yours.  The objects in Pd-
extended will be in the same place on every platform and in each
version.