[PD] Key-repeat makes keyboard-pianokeys impossible?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 1 22:08:09 CEST 2006

hi frank, hi martin

just  to finally close this topic from my side (very late, i was away
for some days):

this issue with quantized key-events seems to be related with jack. the
list from my last mail was done, when pd was connected to jack, and jack
connected to my internals soundcard. now when i start jack on my
hdsp-card, i get these values from pd:

print: 505.034
print: 2.90249
print: 26.1224
print: 2.90249
print: 31.9274
print: 2.90249
print: 37.7324
print: 2.90249
print: 31.9274
print: 2.90249
print: 31.9274
print: 2.90249
print: 31.9274
print: 2.90249

(which looks much more ok)
i still don't have a clue about the underlying reason. i just can say
that this is not the only problem i notice when jack runs on my internal
soundcard (for some reason it always switches to a sr of 48000, no
matter what i specify in the commandline or qjackctl)

ciao

roman