[PD] retrieve coordinate of objects in pd patch

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:42:43 CEST 2006

Bear with me, because this is kind of roundabout.

The only thing I can think of would be to put in a [textfile] object,
and use it to read the patch itself.  It will read the pure data patch
as though it were a text file, and you could conceivably weed through
its output, probably using [route] or [list split] to find your
objects...
The only other ways I can think of are if the object in question is
either a canvas or a scalar.  Or a crying child, in which case you'll
be able to hear it.

-Chuckk

On 8/2/06, ciccolix <ciccolix at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> when i save a patch, the coords of all object inside the patch are
> stored in the .pd file
>
> #X oby 8 23 my_abstraction etc...
>
> there is a way to retrieve those coords on runtime ?
>

> Many thanks
>
> --
> Lazzaro

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt