[PD] tabread4~ help

briencrean at eircom.net briencrean at eircom.net
Wed Aug 2 23:07:35 CEST 2006

Thanks for your reply it was really helpful but, I have just a couple more questions

> You don't need to know much about the length other than > to make sure the array will fit all your sound into it.

As long as I have enough length specified (I just use the soundfiler output) It works fine for one-shot playback. But if I need to loop a sample sometimes I get a click, that’s why I thought the length of the array had to be precise and that I need to put guard points in the array?

> If you change the size of the array it depends what you > want to do, play the sound in the same time, or with the > same pitch. In the latter case keeping the *rate* of the > line constant is what you need to do.

I don’t fully understand how to do this. I want to use tabread4~ in conjunction with other objects in one case to change the speed and keep the sample at the same pitch and in another case to just change the pitch and keep the sound length the same.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Brien

Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts