[Pd] MIDI inlet/outlet numbers reversed in qjackctl

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 3 09:49:01 CEST 2006

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> This might be a jackd thing, but it seems like a Pd thing.  Running
> 0.39-2 as provided by Debian GNU/Linux.
> When I select 3 inputs and 1 outputs for Pd's MIDI, it shows in the
> Jack control panel as 1 input and 3 outputs.
> Is this known?  I wasn't sure whether to make a bug report because I
> honestly don't know what program's causing it.

it is a known bug in pd's alsa sequencer support (which btw explains why
it only occurs on linux)
there is already a patch that fixes this available at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1060511&group_id=55736&atid=478072

unfortunately, the patch also does some default connections of sequencer
ports (that's the main point of the patch; the reverting of midi in/out
is just a by-product), which is generally a not-so-good idea (as i have
found).

mfga.dr
IOhannes