[PD] Trying to get comport to work in windows

Martin Dupras martindupras at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:56:20 CEST 2006

Well, Frank seems to be right. I have 0.39.2extended-test4.exe on XP; I have
changed the actual com number by doing

control panel->system->device manager->bluetooth devices and changing the
com number for my device to com 2.

That seems to work fine.

I have always wondered why these limitations are put in place? Why limit
things like that? Surely the memory usage difference is minimal in
comparison with the hassle that arises from hitting the limitations? Or am I
missing something?

Thanks for the help. I don't think I would have been close to a solution
without it.

- martin