[PD] Re: Wacom tablet on OS X to HID, but not to cursor

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sat Aug 5 04:16:38 CEST 2006

hi,

Am Samstag, 5. August 2006 02:10 schrieb Rich E:
> I'm willing to give it a shot in a couple weeks.  I need to tidy up an
> externel I've been working on for reading sdif files first.  Do you know
> where the source code for the max/msp object is?
>

> IIRC, I just did this: "modprobe wacom" with a stock Debian kernel.
>
> > It was quite easy, actually.  Something like this:
>
> I wish it was that easy in Fedora.  The driver that ships detects the
> tablet as a 'hid' device with mouse-like functionality, and I can't get the
> newly compiled driver to take over.  Arg.. I think I have to get the kernel
> source code now..

if you want to get rid of the tablet (or any other additional pointing device)
as a pointer in x, just change the device-line in the xconfig file ....

usually, you have something like /dev/input/mice there, which grabs all mice
and mice-like devices, and makes them available as a single device node.
instead, give it your used device directly (like /dev/mouse), and it
wont "touch" you tablet anymore ...

greets,

chris