[PD] Phase Cancellation

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 04:54:48 CEST 2006

If it's exactly the same, you should be able to just use [-~] on the
unaltered signals.  Phase cancellation would only work for a handful
of frequencies at a time.
If it's not exactly the same sound, it'll be pretty complicated.
Sometimes if you check out how it was mixed, you find one part is
lower on one side or the other.  If the violin's mostly on the left,
try just the right track, unless your drum loop is stereo.

On 8/4/06, beau c <cypod25 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>    I am trying to extract a drum loop from a soundfile, which has a violin
> loop mixed in. Earlier in the song I got a clean pass of the violin with by
> itself. I was wondering how I could change the phase of the violin loop by
> 180 degrees so that when I mixed it in [+~] with the other sample the violin
> loops would cancel eachother out. Leaving only the drum loop. Does anyone
> know how to do this with pd? Or any other programs/plug-ins?
>
> B~
> www.cypod.co.nr

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt