[PD] independence of array windows

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 5 14:18:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just noticed something. If anyone wants to open an array window (usually
named graphX), it is possible to send the command [vis 1( to that window,
as with any other pd window. But in case an abstraction is used, all
ocurrences of that abstraction have the same name. So, if I have 10 times
the same abstraction with a graph which I want to open directly, I can
only open all at the same time. Would it be possible/desirable to make an
individual naming scheme, so that each window would have it's autonomy?

For example, one sollution would be that the name of the window would be
dependent of the array name. If one array is called $0-graph, then [vis
1(--[send pd-$0-graph_W] or something sim. would open the array window. (I
guess that having the same name as the array itself might cause conflicts
- or not?)

João Miguel Pais

--
Lugostr. 14