[PD] Fwd: tabread4~ problem or is it just me?

Ypatios Grigoriadis ypatios at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 15:58:29 CEST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ypatios Grigoriadis <ypatios at gmail.com>
Date: Aug 5, 2006 12:23 PM
Subject: tabread4~ problem or is it just me?
To: pd-list at iem.at

Hello list!!!

I have this little problem with [tabread4~ ]. When I use it to read from a
relative short Array it works just fine. But now I need an array of
2.646e+007 elements(10 min with sample rate 44100). When I try it with such
a long array I hear distortion from 1min 30 and it becomes worse as the time
goes.

At about 5 min it is very clear that there's something wrong...

So I made a patch with the simplest way to use [tabread4~ ] to make sure
that the problem is not something that I did in my more complicated patches
with transposition and so on.

Use it to load a file 5-10 min long and see what happens.

Did i do something wrong even in this simple one?

I would very much appreciate any help!

--
Ypatios.

And now......