[PD] (datastructure) question about first argument in get

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 5 19:26:22 CEST 2006

Hallo,
moritz hat gesagt: // moritz wrote:

> i wonder for what is the first argument in [get], when i allways receive
> eitherway  the content of the first created "polygon"?

The question rather is: How do you expect a [get SOMETHING ..] to act,
if you send it a [pointer ANOTHERTHING], because that's what your
patch does? As I understand it, the behaviour then is undefined and
thus may give all kinds of results including a crash in the worst
case. Thankfully currently it just gives nonsense results instead of
crashing. The best thing of course would be to give no results at all
and instead print a warning message, but I guess, Miller will
implement this "LATER". ;)

Ciao