[PD] Iterative text with Gem?

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 6 16:52:36 CEST 2006

Hello,

   In fact I don't really get what you are expecting from [text3d],
   maybe something like [makefilename %d] before sending the value to the gem text box...?
   I just wanted to add a parenthesis:

   during some tests with the GEM's [text] objects,
   I've observed that performances are increased when using a different [text] object
  for each character than sending a long string of character to one any of the three GEM's [text] object.

  Patco.

David Plans Casal <main at davidcasal.com> a écrit :  Hello all,

I've just been given a project where I have to display iterative
zeros (and after the other, every second) on a screen unless
something happens, in which case I need to display a 1 and stop. I
can display text using Gem's [text3d] object, but although the
example patch displays one bit of text at a time, it seems the object
won't append text.

Am I wrong? Can anyone think of another, easy way to iterate and
append text on a Gem screen, or otherwise?