[Pd] Infernal symbols

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 6 20:44:15 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >meta-message:
> >
> > * (almost) everything else. ("almost" because there also are things
> >   like pointers or GemLists, which are even more special)
>
> pointers are essentially on the same level as floats and symbols.
> Together they are the three main atom types of Pd and have corresponding
> reserved selectors and all assumed to have one argument.

Yes, that's true, I didn't want to make it more complicated than
needed for a simple explanation. It's important to note that one can
build a list-message not only with numbers and words (or floats and
symbols) as I wrote simplifyingly (is that a word?) but additionally
also with pointers as list elements:

[pack float pointer]

would create such a list. This can be handy sometimes.

Ciao