[PD] Pd standalone instruments ...

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:03:53 CEST 2006

On 8/8/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> The *real* problem is, how to find out which abstractions and
> externals are actually used. I tend to have one or more directories of
> abstractions that I use in many patches. It would be nice to have a
> "Save with abstractions and external" menu entry that would search for
> and save copies of used abstractions and maybe externals to a
> directory, or at least print a list of used  abstractions and
> externals, so that I can easily copy them somewhere else.

Would it work to just remove all the -lib startup flags, put all your
externals in Pd's search path, and then watch the printout when the
patch loads?
It might also be feasible to make an abstraction using [textfile]s to
compare objects in a patch with entries in a library.  If names of
objects are always in the same column of the text for a patch, [list
trim]s could discard all but that.

I noticed when trying to set up my sequencer for OSX that, if I didn't
want to use Pd-external, I had to find all the darwin files for the
individual objects, not just the libraries, and tell it to load each
object I was using.  It seems like something like that would actually
make a smaller package, if license info from the library were included
with each object.