[PD] Real Time Composition Library

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:25:24 CEST 2006

Hmmm, well to be honest, I use PD-extended on WinXP, and cyclone has always
been broken. Nobody ever seemed to respond with any idea why it doesn't
work. However, I'm going to do some new tests because things may be fixed
since I checked last. I'll test your ojects also.

What is the legal status of a program that mimics another programs
functions, but does not copy any of the actual source code or guts? I
suppose in this case, asking permission would be a simple courtesy? Some of
the objects are (c) Essl, but I was thinking more along the lines of a
clone.

However, even so, it would be nice to get Essl's permission/interest because
perhaps he would put a link on his site. He makes some great music.

I see you were going to use the actual max patches, I've never tried to load
a max patch in PD. That wasn't my plan, but if we can do that, even better I
guess. I'm sure then we WOULD definitely want permission.

~David